Thursday, February 16, 2012

Incubus


Today, i want to talk about my favorite band of all time. yeah..it's Incubus! I started listening to this band while i'm in standard 4 means that from 2001 i start to recognize this band through their famous single "Drive". 


This band was formed in 1991. Until this day they still remain as a household most recognize band throughout the world. 


Vocalist : Brandon Boyd (my idol)
Lead Guitarist : Mike Einziger
Bassist : Ben Kenney
Drummer :  Jose Pasillas
Turntables : DJ Kilmore  


This band has been a lot of achieving commercial success, reaching multi-platinum sales, as well releasing successful singles. 


Their albums : 
  • S.C.I.E.N.C.E ( 1997-1998)
  • Make Yourself ( 1999 - 2001)
  • Morning View (2001 - 2002)
  • A Crow Left Of The Murder (2003 - 2004)
  • Light Grenades  (2005 - 2008)
  • If Not Now, When? ( 2011 - present)
Above all of the album, i love Morning View the most. I even got Morning View Session Live...download2. Most of the songs that is great about Incubus are in this album. So, i recommend u guys should check this album especially for the first timer that listening to Incubus.  


X-factor : Every great band must have a X factor means that something to show that their totally different from the other bands. 

  • Incubus likes to play variety of genre such as alternative rock, heavy metal, electro, funk, techno and many more. Incubus is really great at changing their element of the songs. They usually shows their creativity during live performance.
  • Their lyrics are pure genius. The lyrics of each songs are very deeply meaning such as "Pins and needle..nice to know u. goodbye!" "Pardon me while i'm burst..into the flame!" "Dig me up from under what is covering..the better part of me." 
Live in Malaysia : Incubus also likes to perform live in Malaysia. Recently, their play live in KL last year. Unfortunately, i got not enough money to go there because of the ticket price..RM 230 just for a free standing. Poor me at that time. 


Their songs : For me these are their best songs
Drive
Wish You Were Here
Dig
The Warmth
Stand By Me ( Incubus Cover)
Anna Molly 
Love Hurts
Megalomaniac
I Miss You

I spent most of my time during this holiday by playing cover some of Incubus songs like Dig and The Warmth. At least, i'm doing something than nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment